Welcome to your healthcare home.
What is a Primary Care Medical Home?
As our patient, YOU are the heart of our home. This means, we view you as an active member of YOUR care team. YOU will have a chance to communicate things that are really important to YOU when it comes to YOUR healthcare. Take advantage of this time with your provider.
- Know your team.
- Look beyond your immediate needs.
- Set reasonable goals.
- Ask questions.
- Communicate your concerns.
- Schedule and show up for your appointment.
Working with your care team will improve your quality of care and ensure for positive health outcomes.
Who is your team?
A team of primary health network employees and staff who work to provide you with the highest quality of care. Some of these employees, like your provider, work directly at the health center, while others provide support from different locations.
Your medical team will:
- Help you manage your health care needs
- Answer your health questions
- Listen to your concerns
- Work with other medical experts if necessary
- Coordinate your care through additional services
- Encourage you to be active in your care
How to better prepare for your appointment
- Write down the names of your team members.
- Write down questions before your appointment.
- Ask your most important questions first and keep track of the answers to your questions.
- Ask for guidance from your team on what health issue you should work on first.
- Use your own words to repeat back the things you’ve discussed with your team. This will confirm that information shared is clear.
- Ask your team about how to reach them after hours.
- Establish goals to work on before your next appointment.